We have chakras (wheels of light) all over our bodies. The seven major ones are located along the spine and each one of those is represented by a colour of the ranbow.
- Crown Chakra – Top of Head – Violet
- Third Eye/Brow Chakra – Above & between eyebrows – Indigo
- Throat Chakra – Base of throat – Blue
- Heart Chakra – Centre of chest – Green
- Solar Plexus Chakra – Just above navel – Yellow
- Sacral Chakra – Just below navel – Orange
- Root/Base Chakra – Base of spine – Red
What is chakra balancing?
Balancing your chakras improves your health and wellbeing, physically, mentally and emotionally. Chakras need to spin totally in balance for us to feel good.
Chakras absorb energy from our environment and they turn our emotions into energy. Negative emotions can create negative energy in the body which, in turn, can make us ill. Chakra balancing is about tuning up an engine.
You can learn to balance your own chakras and this is something you can do before bed to promote a good night’s sleep. There are different methods of balancing the chakras. Some people use coloured crystals, as the energy vibrations of colours aids balancing. Essential oils can be used for their healing vibrations. Chakra balancing offers very positive results – improving your health and making you feel good about yourself.